A few days ago I posted this as my status on Facebook:
Pay it forward 2011. I promise something handmade to the FIRST 5 people who leave a comment here. However, to be eligible, you must repost this status, offering something handmade to 5 other people. The rules are that it must be handmade by you and it must be sent to your 5 people sometime in 2011. Ready, set, GO!
Now I get to make something for five of my friends that commented…
- my high school friend Ashley F. (she’s engaged!)
- my cousin Chris (she’s getting her Masters! she’s going to be an amazing teacher)
- my friend and former ResLife staff-mate Misty C. (she just had a baby! I miss watching Grey’s Anatomy, etc with her)
- my amazing friend Laura K. (I love her and her family!)
- and my dear friend Amy A. (her hubby used to be my Resident Director when I was an RA my Senior year at WWU–and now they are both great friends of mine!)
I love being crafty so I am really excited about making things for my friends! I’m just not quite sure what I’m going to do for each of them… I have a few ideas, though. :)
I thought it would be fun to make this a part of my monthly goals… make a hand made gift each month. (Plus it is a way to space out the hand-making to make sure I remember to get them done!)
Since that is only 5 months of hand-making-ness… I decided to open it up to YOU! So if you missed out on commenting on Facebook, now’s your chance!
Be one of the first FIVE people to comment on this post and I will make something for you and send/give it to you sometime this year! The catch is the same: if you sign up here, you have to “pay it forward” by posting to your blog or Facebook that you will make something for the first 5 commenters. (You can copy & paste the “status” above into your Facebook status or onto your blog.) And only one gift per person!
And yes, I know that only makes for a total of 10 when there are actually 12 months… wiggle room isn’t a bad thing.
The lucky five… (there are still 3 more handmade opportunities!)