January has come and gone… and I did great with one of my goals and not-so-well with the others…
- Eat breakfast everyday. Nailed it. Well, during the week anyway. “Breakfast” was more like “brunch” a few times during the weekends. I hope to keep this up through the rest of the year… maybe switch up what I have though. While my oatmeal is quite delish, I’m afraid I’ll get bored with it after too long and then my breakfast-streak will go out the window.
- Exercise at least 3 times a week. Eh… not so much. The first week I did great… then I decided to build a kitchen island and spent many evenings at my parents’ house instead of working out. I had hoped to increase my days of exercising for February, but instead I’m just hoping to get the 3 times a week to stick in my routine.
- Organize/clean my garage so I can park in it again. Definitely didn’t happen. Not even a little bit. Although I did buy a shelf unit for $5 (down from $25!) that should help… but I still need to get myself out there to do it.
In February I want to continue with my January goals and…
- Go to bed between 10pm and 1030pm. Currently I’m going to bed after 11pm and it just ain’t workin’ for me. I think the “extra time” I get by staying up later is actually more detrimental than beneficial to my mental health.
- Make dinner at least once a week using a new recipe from one of my many cookbooks (or something found online). I have a stack of cookbooks that I love but rarely use, plus I don’t cook a real dinner for myself as often as I should. I’m hoping this will expand my cooking skills, give me lunches for the work week, and perhaps even give me an excuse to have people over! Oh the possibilities…
- Prune my blueberry bushes! I have three huge blueberry bushes that are in desperate need of attention. Apparently you’re supposed to prune them when they’re dormant… so now’s the time! Hopefully I don’t kill them. (I got some great tips from the gardening class I went to and I’m excited to put them to use!)
- Make at least one hand made gift. Last month I joined in on the “pay it forward” hand-made gifts bandwagon in which I offered to make 10 people a hand-made gift this year. (5 via Facebook, 5 via this post.) This month I want to make and send off at least one of those gifts! (This will be a monthly goal until they are all complete.)
How are your resolutions going so far? Are you going by-the-year, by-the-month, or something different entirely–or not at all? Any one thing that seems to have helped (or not) to keep you on track? I’d welcome any advice/tips/encouragement that would help me with mine!