1. Goat cheese. I’ve been obsessed with the stuff lately. I love it with roasted beets, spread on a sandwich, with crackers… so yummy! I made this sandwich the other day: French bread, balsamic vinegar, goat cheese, roasted bell peppers, and tomatoes, with a side of green beans sauteed with onion and garlic (great alternative to French fries!). Makes me hungry just thinking about it.
2. Pistols. I know, super random… but just let me explain. Mom and I signed up for a NRA Basic Pistols Course… and it was awesome! I am still a bit surprised how much fun it was. The class was super informative (lots of great information) and helped me to be more comfortable around and handling hand guns. Plus, we got to try shooting a few different pistols! My first time ever shooting! We each had our own paper plate target to aim at–all of my shots with the .22 hit the plate and most of my shots with the .45 hit, too. There was a 16 year-old girl in my group and she asked me how old I was… she wanted me to join her 4-H team! Unfortunately I’m a bit too old… but it was still flattering to be asked. (A-because she thought I was good, and B-because I look young enough to join 4-H!) I can see how recreational shooting can become an addicting hobby.
3. Retaining walls. Or rather, nearly finishing retaining walls. It’s not quite complete yet (the stairs are taking forever) but it already makes a HUGE difference to that area. I can’t wait for it to be finished! And then I can finally plant stuff! Already all I want to do is sit down there and stare at it. Lovely.
(I’ll have more progress-pictures when it is finished so I can share the whole evolution… but I couldn’t help giving you a sneak-peek! It’s so awesome seeing my plan come to life–with lots of help from the mom!)
4. Road trips! I have a couple just around the corner… and I can’t wait! Again, I’ll share more after… but OMG I want to go NOW!
5. Great talks with great friends. I am so lucky to have people in my life that help me put things in perspective.
6. Awesome people in my life. For taking me to the office when my car is in the shop, for checking on my car at the shop, for taking me to pick up my car when it’s finally finished, for making sure I test-drive it before leaving. (One of the belts was stretched out and slipped off, causing my power-steering to go out. Fun times.)
7. Silly Toller girls. Oh, Rina. She is so completely different than our Toller boys! She is stubborn, determined, conniving, and way too smart. But she is also goofy, sweet, cuddly, LOVES the water (the boys only go in after toys/ducks but Rina will go in and flop around like a fish), and never fails to make me smile. She is going to be a handful, for sure. (Ok, so she already is… whatever.)