1. Being reminded that while I live in my little house, so many other critters call my property and surrounding area “home.” Like lots and lots of bunnies, birds, raccoons, deer, and little frogs. (I’ve heard rumors of bears and coyotes, too!) I hope I can help keep it that way. But I’m ok if the bears and coyotes decide not to visit…
2. Dahlia bulbs. Especially when they are given as a gift from someone special because dahlias are out of season. I can’t wait to get them in the ground and see them bloom this fall! (And I should get some more, too… can’t have lonely dahlias!!)
3. Being an aunt. I don’t think I ever mentioned it here (it’s been a crazy few months!!) but my nephew, Barrett, was born February 18! He came about 2.5 weeks early and spent a little extra time in the hospital, but he and momma (and dad!) are doing well. I can’t believe he’s 2 months old already. I try to see him as much as I can, and love every minute of it.
4. Puppies. How can this face NOT make you smile?!
5. Making new and new-to-me recipes that actually turn out tasty. It isn’t always the case and I love it when it actually happens! Makes me want to try even more new things!
6. Kale. Is it weird that a vegetable makes me smile? Meh, whatever. It does. Because it is both delicious and oh-so-good for you!
7. Instagram. Because it makes it easier to take photos with my phone that don’t make me cringe too terribly when I see them… which makes it easier for me to share things here when I don’t or can’t use my DSLR. (All of the photos in this post were taken with my phone, except for the one of the Corgi puppy!)