Originally I planned to do just a single post of neat things I’ve found, but the first post got too long so I decided to split it up!
This is the second installment of my “What I Would Giveaway if I Could Afford to Host a Giveaway” list.
Be warned… I’m no shopping guru, fashion expert, technology geek, art connoisseur, gourmand, etc. I was not paid nor perked in any way to tell you about the things on this list. I just think they look neat. And you might, too.
For My Nephew and Other Awesome Little Ones (Around 1-year-old-ish)
1. Classic wood toys are the best. These American Sign Language Alphabet Blocks from Little Sapling Toys on Etsy are a nice twist on the traditional. Plus they are organic, finished in beeswax and jojoba oil, AND they plant a tree for every toy they sell!
2. I believe every kid needs a few trucks in their lives, boy or girl. This flatbed and race car from Green Toys is a great choice and completely free of BPA, PVC, phthalates, and has no external coatings.
3. We’re a dog-family. (We like cats, too.) I kind of want this Dog Alphabet print from Weavers of Southsea on Etsy for myself, but it would make a great print for a kid’s room–they can learn the alphabet AND learn about different dog breeds! (This letterpress alphabet from one canoe two is also a favorite!)
4. You know I’m all about the cameras and photography. This wooden toy camera, also from Little Sapling Toys, just HAD to go on my list for the nephew. He’s still a little young for it so I’ll have to keep it in mind for the future. They also have a camera teether!
5. A friend told me that her son liked to chew off the pegs of wooden peg puzzles, so I thought that these Melissa & Doug Jumbo Knob puzzles would be a great alternative! This one is the Barnyard Animals version but there are so many others to choose from!
6. Another Melissa & Doug puzzle for when he’s beyond the chewing stage–the Farm Sound Puzzle! Could get super annoying, but I love it all the same.
8. He needs to be ready to help me with my various DIY projects–he needs his own tools! This is the Tool Set from Green Toys.
9. I mentioned that I love books on my first list… but I LOVE kids books even more than any others. Really I could have put an image of any book here and it would work, but this is a favorite of mine, recommended to me by my dear friend Laura: Little Blue Truck board book. I’m not sure if Barrett actually likes it or not, but my sister and I love reading it!
10. I have knit a few different monsters from Danger Crafts for the many new babies in my family and would like to knit some more for the new-new babies of my friends and more for my nephew. I love this pattern for Sammie the Sock Monster!
Cute little boys are WAY too easy to shop for. This list could easily go on and on and on and… well, you get the idea.
Check out my first installment of What I Would Giveaway if I Could Afford to Host a Giveaway:Gifts for Awesome Friends!